Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We went to watch the Memorial Day parade in town today. Marissa was marching in the parade with her Brownie troop. She had a good time & looked so cute! That's her holding the white plastic bag. They were tossing candy at the spectators--think that's what she liked about it.

It was a good day for the parade--it actually hit 80 degrees!

Gianna scored big with the candy. She had to have a piece of bubble gum right away. She wanted to wear a dress SO bad, this one in particular. I had a more patriotic outfit for her but it was shorts & she wanted a DRESS. Most of the parade was spent like this since she was sitting on the curb...."sit like a lady, people can see your undies", "close your legs", "don't sit like that". She tried but she's a little kid. **SIGH**

She kept getting annoyed with me between me telling her how to sit & trying to take her pic. Needless to say I didn't score too many good shots. After Marissa was done walking she came to sit with us & watch the rest of the parade.

I go this shot when she wasn't paying attention to the camera. She wanted a flag so bad & finally pulled one from the side of the street (they were there for that reason--I think). LOL!

When we got home we worked outside a bit. Joe cleaned up the patio & I planted some flowers in planters around the patio & front doors. We got some color from being in the sun all day. Hopefully the weather will stay warm & sunny for awhile, I hate being pasty white!

Oh & I got some scrapping done!! Nothing spectacular but there will be LO's posted tomorrow!

1 comment:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

looks like you guys had a good time...we sadly did NOTHING on that day to celebrate.