Monday, January 21, 2008

Buttoned Up!

I've been on a mission to make more button trees. I had wanted them ready for Christmas but it just didn't happen but I'll be ready for Christmas 2008!! I had so much fun coming up with different color combinations & sizes!!

The topper says "Wish" but it's a little hard to see with the poof. Looks better IRL.


The topper says "Happy Jollydays"...I bought it as a pin but the clasp broke & I thought the colors matched so nice with the tree....

Had to make a green tree....this was a tall one & took a lot of time & buttons & pins
This was a tiny tree & thought it'd be cute in candy cane colors...

"Button Tree Forest"

The 2 matching trees together

This is a tiny tree. Marissa wanted to make a tree too so we came up with this....bought the ribbon in the $1 spot at M's & after showing her how to do it she finished it in no time (I made her the rose topper w/extra ribbon I had lying around)....She did a great job!!

I just wanted to share in my latest creativeness. It's kept me occupied since the new year in between taking down all the decorations that I've been procrastinating about! Now I'm gonna pack these babies up!!

3 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

the button trees are so cute...i've wanted to do those every year and have yet to do one...i saw someone do them for valentine's last year. and ouch on your hip (and ornaments and tree topper)...i slipped down my stairs once prior to getting preggers and hurt for weeks, i think...

laura vegas said...

qeez girl!!! you've been super busy with all those buttons! lol! i only did my one tree (a medium size one) ... and i was too lazy to make any more. lol! these are all so cute. hope you can keep them out all year-round. i keep mine in my studio!

Heather Ruwe said...

These are SO cute. I must make one. I have TOO many buttons and this would be a perfect project. Thanks for the inspiration! :)