Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And Then There Was LIGHT!!

After running some errands today, I felt the start of a massive headache.  I'm not sure if it's a sinus headache or just plain being tired from not sleeping well.  I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some coffee and donuts for the girls. I was happy to see this Christmas cup.  It put a smile on my face. I needed a little JOY in my life.


I was at the end of my good humor.  Short tempered and frustrated.  The storm has affected me hard.  It was downright depressing in fact.  The littlest thing could have me choking up in tears.  It was pathetic.  I don't like feeling powerless, who does?  With a new storm hitting us today, I was worried for the kids.  The constant worry was taking it's toll.

Both Joe & I spoke with the power company and got different stories on when we might get power back.  We couldn't get a straight answer, no hope of a "when" or anything.  Joe at least, heard maybe Friday but definitely by Sunday.  WHAT???  We had enough of this.  We are planning on getting a natural gas generator so that we will never be without power again.  Of course then, we will probably never get another storm, but I'm OK with that. 

So once I picked up Marissa from school, the girls and I hung around the house watching the snow start to fall.  We kept occupied as much as we could but it was getting dark.  I finally left the girls in front of the fireplace in the family room to go sit in the kitchen to stare into space, I needed a breather from their bickering.  All of a sudden there was a loud noise & the lights came on!!  Noticing the time it was 6:52 almost the exact same time that we lost power....strange.


I was shocked & almost didn't understand what happened for a split second.  I freaked out (in a good way) & hurried to call Joe who was on his way home.  He couldn't believe it either.  We were all so thrilled to have power back!  We went around the house turning off lights that had been left on & making sure things worked.  I couldn't wait to do laundry!  I am SO thankful that the power came on & we didn't have to sit through tonight in the dark & worry about keeping warm while the snow fell.  I feel like Christmas came early.  I can't express how thrilled I am.  It truly is the little things in life that make you happy.

I pray that the people that lost so much more than I did, feel settled and peace soon.  

No comments: