Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Wish To My Dad

This time of year is always hard for me. 
Eighteen years ago today, my father died from lung cancer. 

I make a point of talking about him to the girls.  To give them an idea of how great he was.  He was the kind of man that would give you the shirt off his back.  He would do anything for his four daughters.  He adored us.  We adored him too.  He would have LOVED all his grandchildren.

I always wanted to marry a man like him....I believe I did.  I wish they could have met each other.

Sometimes I can't help but feel cheated that he didn't get to see us get married and have kids.  So many things would be different if he were still alive.  He was the glue that kept us all together. 

I wish he were still here.


I found this old picture of me following my Dad.  I don't know how old I was but I think I was younger than five.  I think I need to scrap it.  I love how it looks like an Instagram. 

Missing you Daddy. Loving you always.

No comments: