Friday, June 18, 2010

Kindergarten "Program"

In our school when the Kindergarteners go on to 1st grade they don't "graduate". They have a "program". The kids sing a few songs & some read poems, then have refreshments afterwards. It's cute. The kids have fun & are so stinkin cute!!


Gianna kept hiding her face when she saw I was trying to take a pic--the stinker!! Little did she know I was taking this one! ;)Finally I had to bribe her to behave & take pics & I got this lady like pose. They had these cute dances while they were singing.





Big group shot (best I could get anyway) of both am & pm classes. The theme was "We are family".Friends forever from day one.....Daddy's little girl....






Me & my baby...***sniff sniff**....she'll be in 1st grade in the fall...no more shadow....no more special time together....it's bittersweet. But on the other hand I won't miss running back & forth to school every 2 1/2 hrs to drop off/pick up. And then there will be more homework.....Yeah bittersweet. ;)

With that, 1st grade here she comes!!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Your photos are so cute! I remember this from last year. I cried so hard. Next year I loose my little pre-school shadow since our district is now full-day kindergarten. My son and daughter will both be full time next year. Why does it have to go so fast? :(

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

awwwwwwwe, she's such a cutie!!! love the pic of you and her & and her & joe. congrats to both girls for moving on. {i HATE they we don't have kindie grad here, either. i was so excited when g, went to kindie, only to be disappointed @ the end with no grad. had hopes that some miracle came along & changed it for k. }

ours had a concert that their great music teacher did that i didn't blog about. i'm the worst blogger now & the worst blog friend EVER-sorry, <3 ya & enjoy the summer!!!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

p.s. love all your new layouts & cards...especially the little birdie card & the pre-k ballet! so stinking cute. love all the pics too!! (and totally missed laura's b-day...i'm so bad!!)

Suzanne said...

She is so cute!!!! Yeah for first grade! (at least you have photos to remember, unlike someone I know!!) LOL
Happy Summer!

laura vegas said...

this one made me tear up too! these girls need to stop growing up so fast ;)