Monday, June 7, 2010

15 Years & Anniversary Cards

15 years ago today Joe & I went on our 1st date. {{Yes we celebrate it!! LOL!!}}

Can I just say how that just blows my mind?? In just 5 short years we will be together for 20! It really doesn't even feel that long!!

When did time fly by so fast?? It's amazing when you stop & think about it. And it sort of makes me feel **old**.

With that I wanted to share the cards I made for Joe.....

---------
I made these awhile back when I was having trouble getting the mojo going. Just couldn't share them since I made them for Joe for our Anniversary! He says he doesn't check out my blog but you never know! ;)

Used scraps on these...seems like that's all I use when making cards, yet I still have so many scraps in a file folder!! I stamped it with an Ali Edwards' stamp & used Zing embossing powder to make it stand out.

For some reason I keep getting a sort of "dusting" of embossing powder that clings to the card but if I flick it off the powder comes off the stamped image too. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?? The first card I made that looked like this was really smudged with the powder so I re-did it!

Kept this one on the cleaner/easier side.
And another "matchy" card...

All very quick, very easy cards! Best of all they use up the scraps I hate to toss out!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

How sweet that you celebrate this day!!! congrats to you, and I love your cards. I am not great with embossing, but I use an embossing buddy first before applying the stamped image. Hope this helps! Hugs

Carla said...

cute cards girl and happy anniversary!! I use a small paint brush or a fan brush to dust off the extras. I don't flick it for the reason you mentioned.

Carla said...

cute cards girl and happy anniversary!! I use a small paint brush or a fan brush to dust off the extras. I don't flick it for the reason you mentioned.