Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July 2009

Every year for the 4th of July we start the day with an early in the morning parade.

We go to our friend Bobby's sister's house to watch the parade & since they live on the parade route we have to get there before they close off the street which is usually by 9am. In order to get there on time we need to leave the house no later than 8am (hence the early in the morning part). The parade doesn't actually start until 10am but luckily there's coffee for the adults & they have a dog that keeps the girls happy! LOL!

The parade is typical as parades go.....

Not sure why but I get chills when I see this.
(no it's not because of the guys in their uniforms..or is it??) LOL!!


Here's everyone lined up watching the parade go by....


Gianna waiting patiently with her bucket for the people to throw candy....


Couldn't get Marissa to pose....

Then there's the usual stuff you see at all 4th of July parades....

like Mariachi bands.followed by the candy throwing clowns.... the string of old cars.....I'm sure this is the car's original paint job (said sarcasticly)this was my favorite...if she were my car I'd name her "Candy Cane"....then there's the string of NEW! FAST! cars.... mixed in with some candy-tossing floats....
then you got the patriotic bikers.....see the flag??Gianna's having a piece of her morning candyMarissa would only pose for me if I took a pic of her blowing a bubble....the girls loved seeing the "horsey"....I'm sure all cowboys all over would be cringing to see this guy on a horse... Then you have people that will do anything to be in a parade....like wear gas masks....my happy girl....I had to promise not to take any more pics if she'd pose once for me....too bad she didn't see me cross my fingers!! LOL!She just loves her Daddy.Marissa was tormenting them with a melted ice pop she got from one of the floats...Then came the "swammies" & they let all the little kids bang the gong. Gianna ran right up there but Marissa was too shy.
At the end of the parade Marissa ended up with the most candy only because whatever I got I'd throw in her bucket since she sat next to me. Lucky girl. (yes she shared with her sister)After the parade we hung out some more & then went home. That when I realized I didn't get any decent pics of them together at the parade so I made them sit on the front step.

Hope everyone has a HAPPY 4th!!

No comments: