Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January Means Purging

It seems that I go through a purging/reorganizing phase in January.  I organize constantly throughout the year, but January comes and it hits me hard.

Junk drawers are the worst.  Unfortunately, we have two in our kitchen.  One I've attempted to figure out but haven't finished it since it has mostly Joe's junk in it.  I don't know what to do with those things so I gave up. (Should've never given him that drawer years ago!  LOL!)

Lately on Instagram, I've been inspired by Becky Novacek with her 30 Bags in 30 Days purge.  She is a whirlwind!  I may not go full blast for 30 bags but I get moving.  Starting small, I hit the junk drawer that has gotten out of control lately.  I even remembered to take a before picture!

It may not look like much, and it's not really, but it's something.  It's a good start.  I tackled it while the puppies were outside playing and I could keep an eye on them from the kitchen.  Win-win!

Hoping to tackle more of the bigger areas around here soon!

No comments: