Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Lovely Day!

For me, Valentine's Day is not as special as people make it out to be.  I feel loved everyday, by Joe, the girls, it's not just on one "special" day.  We "celebrate" it, I decorate the house and all but I don't expect to go out "ON" Valentine's Day for dinner or anything.  I don't enjoy a night out when restaurants are just trying to turn tables.  We might go out but it'll be days before or after and not usually "for" Valentine's Day, probably for Joe's birthday and that suits me perfectly. 

I received these beautiful flowers the day before since Joe's florist isn't close by but will travel further just for Joe.  No biggie.  I got to smell them longer than I would've if I had got them on Valentine's Day.  And boy do they smell fabulous!

For dinner, I made chicken fajitas.  Not an everyday dish, I might make it every other week (lately every week-so good!), but I know everyone will eat it.  Win win!!


Afterward we enjoyed some delicious chocolate covered strawberries Joe brought us.



He knows how we love our chocolate!



And we ended the night taking pics....but not before the girls ran off did I realize Joe & I didn't get one together. Boo. Oh well, he still knows I love him!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great celebration! Better than our night. Our plans got detoured due to an unexpected visit to labor and delivery.