Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookies Vol. 2 & The Black & Blue Goose

Today I set out to do some more baking. I had two more types of cookies to bake & figured I could get it all done today.

I had just started creaming the sugars & butter of the second batch of Macadamia Nut Cookies when I heard a loud BANG! Marissa tells me that Gianna knocked down the Stocking holders off the mantle. I go running to see what happened (after taking the cookies out of the oven) & there's Gianna looking miserable. I asked her is she's ok but she doesn't say anything so I sit her on the couch & tell her not to move.

I check the damage & she broke 2 of my holders. I was pissed! I've had these for years, but luckily found all the pieces & saw that it could be glued back together.

I'm calmer by now & go see Gianna again who by now is hiding her head under the pillows. I pull her out & see she's holding back tears. I ask her again if she's hurt & she now points to her head. I don't see anything at first but then I pull up her bangs & see it. A goose egg!

I quickly get her an ice pack & the tears start flowing (both of us). I felt like the worst mother in the world! I explained to her that she can't play over there & she told me she was looking for something (still not exactly sure what it was through the tears).

Then I set her up on the couch with her blankie & pillows & a sippy cup with some nice cold water & made sure she kept the ice pack on her head.

She even got TV & soon enough Sponge Bob made it all better....along with a red cookie.

Eventually I got back to the cookies. Here they are in all their Macadamia Nut/Coconutty goodness.

After they were done I set to work on the Honey Sand Balls. They are Joe's favorite cookie but due to how long they take to make I usually just make them around Christmas time.

I'm also thinking of re-naming these...something like "Snowballs" sounds much better than Honey Sand Balls right?? Yes my mind goes right into the gutter.....

------------------

So of course since there was drama with the 1st cookie of he night, there had to be drama with the 2nd cookie right?

Disclaimer-----Read on if you can go from cookies to gross kid stuff.....it's up to you! Don't say I didn't warn you!

After the girls had been in bed about an hour or two I hear Gianna crying for me. She was having a coughing fit & I found her in the bathroom crying & coughing. As I'm asking her what's bothering her, she throws up.

Fantastic!

Luckily her aim was good & she hit the sink & not all over herself. My first thought was the stomach virus. Crap! After I get her all cleaned up she gets another coughing fit & I tell her to spit it into the sink, but this time it's just mucous so I'm happy to say it's not a stomach virus.

For the next hour after settling her back in bed, every time she coughs she wakes up & cries for me. I run up to her room & she spits into a tissue & goes back to sleep. Finally she settles down enough & falls into a deep sleep.

What a night! Where are the Silent Nights when you need them??

1 comment:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

sorry about g! hope she's okay now.

i'm going to have to look up the cookie recipe...they look yummy! i agree about the name...hehehe!