Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas!!!

Our morning came too early -- as it does with most parents who stay up late the night before putting toys together! Marissa was up first, followed by Gianna. The poor girls had to wait (sort of) patiently for me to get up but they knew they couldn't start un-wrapping without me so they took turns getting me up.

Here's Marissa checking out what Santa brought them.



While she was behind a pile of presents, Gianna took her pic in front of the pile of goodies.This is the only pic I have of the two of them (yeah it's crappy & dark & blurry but what do you expect when I haven't had any coffee & not enough sleep!!!! Besides my camera crapped out on me so I had to use my other camera which I'm not as familiar with)The first gift Marissa opened was from Santa--he brought her a Webkinz large version of her kitty Rose which is just what she wanted!!! Now she has the Mama & the baby kitty!Santa brought Gianna a pink puppy because he knows how much she loves pink!He also gave both girls a Santa suit for both Webkinz to wear. The girls got some movies they had wanted, Marissa got Barbie & the Rainbow Castle. Gianna got Barbie's Christmas DVD.We got Gianna a dollhouse for her Barbie's since we noticed how much she loves to play house with them. (Yeah no pic of her with her house) Joe stayed up till 3am putting this together & since I love him I kept him company, occasionally asking if her wanted help--which he refused. He was in his glory putting this together, using his power tools, (this is what Gianna heard when she thought she heard Santa!!)Marissa got an Easy Bake oven with extra mixes (yummmm--not) & a decorating kit to go with it. She was in heaven!!She may look like she likes all the clothes she got but there were comments made about not getting clothes for Christmas anymore. She just knew she had to pose for the camera!!The girls each got an apron with matching chef hat for when they cook with me. Marissa took this as a sign to get down to business & use her Easy Bake oven!

When the girls were done opening their gifts Joe & I got to open ours. He got a ton of new DVD's to watch, like The Dark Knight, Hancock, Wanted, Jumper, Two & a Half Men Season 4, Home Improvement Season 8, The Big Bang Theory Season 1, just to name a few. He was in Heaven!

I got the new printer I had wanted. Joe was secretly thrilled when I told him my old printer died since he still hadn't shopped for me much. He also finally got the hint that I wanted an ipod of some sort. I was very surprised when it was the ipod touch! He went overboard & got me Bose speakers to go with it--not that I'm complaining!! From the girls I got the Mamma Mia & Sex & the City DVD's. (yeah no pics of either of us opening our gifts)

After we opened all our gifts & did some clean-up we had breakfast, opened up some toys for the girls & played with our new things. Before we knew it we had to get ready to head up to my sister's house for Christmas dinner.

-----------------------
My neice Destiny was there wearing one of the dresses we got her for Christmas--guess she liked it! Gianna looks up to her big cousin & was happy to take a pic with her. Just realized Destiny is the oldest grandchild (almost 13) & Gianna is the youngest (4 1/2)..... big difference!


Joe is one of the few adults who give my sister Chet's dog, Lorenzo any love. He knows to stay away from me--he bit both my girls (I hold a grudge) & we just tolerate each other.
When he was done hugging the dog I got Joe to cuddle with me. The closest pic we could get of all the cousins together--think they were all worn out from the night before posing for pics! Besides we couldn't threaten them with "You can't open your presents until we take a nice pic!" anymore. We had nothing to hang over their heads!

Marissa posed a bit......
I got completely lucky with this pic of Gianna--she would purposely close her eyes or cover her face--the stinker!Nikki showing her new Nintendo DS Santa brought her.Tyler was in the zone......Destiny smiled, she's getting older & realized we'll hold any weird pics as blackmail for future boyfriends!! Yes, yes we will!!My sister Chet (yeah another dark, blurry, crappy pic)My sister Marie & her family....someday we'll get my B-I-L Danny to pose nicely with his family--we hope. But that won't stop me from posting weird pics of him (he sometimes reads my blog--I've warned him not to make faces!!!!)Here we are towards the end of the night, Gianna was in her no-pic mode but I was determined to get a family pic!!


So that's our Christmas. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas as well!! Now, I'm hoping to re-claim my family room over the next few days--wish me luck!

1 comment:

Lida said...

Looks like you had a terrific time, lovely gifts and awesome pictures!