Saturday, May 4, 2013

You Make Life Grand

I had planned on blogging this layout the other day, but never got around to it. Then I realized I could save it for "National Scrapbooking Day" today!! Yes, I realize that I didn't actually scrap this ON NSD, but whatever works, right??

I LOVE this pic of the girls at The Grand Floridian. I decided it needed to be scrapped and printed it. Since I tend to pull colors from the pic to scrap with I decided on red, blue and green. Not the perfect flow for me but I gave it a shot. I struggled a lot with the red. I have a hard time finding the perfect red, green too for that matter.

I had an idea, cut my papers, stitched then together and drew a blank.

I lost my mojo. Gone.

So now I had a background that was stitched and looked good but didn't work with my pic. Frustrating.

I still had some of the papers left so I played around until I made this.



Of course, the title gave me problems too, since that's the way this layout is going. I wanted to cut the title with my Silhouette but I couldn't make it work to match the image in head.

I think the layout gave me problems because I had high expectations. I wanted the layout to make the pic stand out. Oh well.

This is my favorite part of the layout....



Hope to get some scrapping time in today...kind hard since I'm the only one around here that celebrates it! ;)

1 comment:

Laura T. said...

Love that layout, and yes, I love your little ear collage.