Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Contemplating.....

A while back I started making 6x6 LO's of Joe & I. I got American Crafts modern albums & made them pretty & have 4 full (make that 3 1/2 full) albums.

See? There they sit. Now I've been thinking I could really use that shelf for scrappy supplies .Here's a quick look of the albums.See how full it is?Sneak peek of the inside....why I posted these without cropping the pics first is beyond me. But in my defense I haven't been feeling good so I'm going with that.This was our wedding "album"Now these are just candid shots from family & friends that I scapped. Not from the photographer. I also included some pics from our rehearsal dinner & honeymoon.Then I went back to everyday pics of Joe & I.Another full albumAnother peek...This is the current album. I only have about 4 or 5 LO's in it & never did anything to the cover. I'm behind on this a little, but not sure if I should bother making them 6x6 anymore.
You can see them in their entirety here, & our wedding one here.


I've seen these 12x12 page protectors that will hold 4 6x6 LO's & am thinking about converting them to put into my 12x12 albums. My problem is I feel guilty about the small albums. I realized too late that I should have made all those LO's 12x12 but I don't want to re-do all those pages. Plus I find that the small size is faster to do & I tend to use more things (like stamps) on them.

What's your opinion?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Before the binder craze came out, I used Hallmarks binder books. There page size was weird it was like 12x8.5. Anyways did a full year with 2 books. Couple years later the 12x12 binders came out then, all different pages. I put them in a 12x and couldnt be happier. I love multi page books (as youve seen on my blog). I loved those mini books you did though and the covers a crazy cute.

Anonymous said...

I love the mini books, but the 12 x 12 books would hold a lot more of the 6 x 6 layouts. I wouldn't redo them just maybe get the page protectors that can hold the 6 x 6 layouts. I would do this just for the room it saves.

Melissa Stinson said...

Those little albums are so cute!

Could you possibly move them somewhere besides in your scrap room? I'm thinking maybe to another bookshelf in your house, maybe in the living room or dining room or bedroom.

Carla said...

really cute pages and albums! Those albums fit perfectly but I keep my albums in my family room for everyone to see.
I wouldn't redo them but you could scan them and put 4 of them on a 12x12 layout and have them printed.

laura vegas said...

before you even mentioned the divided page protectors that hold the four 6x6 layouts ... that's exactly where i thought you were going with this post. lol! i think it's a great idea. you can fit 8 of these 6x6 layouts, in one page protector. would save you a lot of space. go for it and see how you like it!

Suzanne said...

Sounds like you have received some great advice! Love the cover of the album. I like the page protector idea! Hugs