Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feeling Crappy

Tuesday Marissa had a 1/2 day at school. I had planned on taking her out shopping for her communion dress...but plans change. She woke me up at 3:30am to tell me her ears were hurting her. Took her to the Dr after school (yes I still sent her!). The Dr. said she had the beginning of an ear infection in one ear. Luckily we caught it right away & she'll be fine in a few days. However, while we were at the Dr.'s office all of a sudden I started feeling crappy. By the time we got home my throat was raw & felt like I was swallowing razor blades. UGH!

We were expecting snow on Wed & I was hoping for a snow day. The school sent out a recorded message early in the afternoon saying schools would have a 2 hr. delay as it stood. I felt awful & was hoping for a snow day to rest but at the same time I was hoping for the 2 hr delay because I wanted to see a Dr. Yeah it was that bad! I never "want" to see a dr if I can help it.

The next morning around 7:30am we got the call--NO SCHOOL!! WOO HOO!!! Joe still went to work & the rest of us slept late. The girls took it sorta easy on me & let me rest on the couch while they bounced around playing Wii.

Today, I dropped the girls at schol & took off for the Dr. Feeling crappy the entire time. He checked me out & declared I had Strep Throat. Fantastic! He prescribed some medicine, I got it filled at the pharmacy & went home to sleep. My friend Samantha would pick Marissa up from school & Joe picked up Gianna later on. He brought the girls to McDonald's for dinner & I got to rest more in peace.

By the time they got home I was feeling better & my throat wasn't as raw. I actually feel so much better! I'm more annoyed with myself for being sick mostly because I have no time to be sick! Makes sense huh?

Besides, Friday is Kindergarten registration!! I have to sign Gianna up for Sept. Joe said he'd do it but I wanted to. It's important to me that I sign my baby up for kindergarten!

No comments: