Wednesday, June 20, 2012

School's OUT! 2012

Today is both a happy yet bittersweet day for me.  It's the last day of school!  Summer is here with no real schedule which I am happy for.  I am happy that this school year is over, it's been a test of my sanity. 

I am happy that Marissa will be moving up to 6th grade next year.  It also makes me sad, since she will no longer be at the same school with Gianna.  It makes me sad that she is growing up much to fast for my liking, yet I love doing older things with her, like cooking, shopping, talking.  The girl has a great fashion sense & I trust her opinion!  It makes me sad that these six years at this school flew by, yet I'm so happy for her to grow & learn. 

I got this idea from Pinterest, its her on the last day of 5th grade holding a pic of herself from the first day of Kindergarten.  I plan on doing this again at the end of middle school as well as high-school.  You can see how much she's grown!  When I told her we were doing this, she smiled but rolled her eyes at the same time.  I could tell she liked the idea but wanted to be cool at the same time. ;)

 

 Same pic, just a close up....


Here she is after the fifth graders were "clapped out" of school.  They walked the halls for the last time as all the classes & teachers clapped & cheered them out.  The parents were waiting outside full of smiles & some tears.  I teared up, but was so happy for her at the same time.  There's so many new things to discover in middle school!  She's looking forward to it, but she's also a little nervous.  It's normal.  I think I feel the same way!


BFF's...


Marissa & Daddy


Me & my girl


Gianna is now done with second grade.  Next year things will change so much for her.  Third grade means letter grades & more tests, but it also has some fun stuff too.  I can't wait for her to get a fresh start next year!  It's been a tough year for her this year.  Not that she's struggled with the learning part of it, just the people part of it.  People, both kids & adults are mean.  Unfortunately it's changed some parts of her, but it hasn't changed her happy, carefree attitude.  I am THRILLED that this year is over.  I hope she has the best time in third grade! 


Both girls' report cards were wonderful!  I am so proud of them!  They have the ability to learn quickly....which I can't say is from me......that's all Joe!  So here's to a happy summer, let's hope it's full of fun, happy times!!

No comments: