Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just Read: The Forgotten Garden

Since getting my iPad I was skeptical about using it to read books on it. I like the feel of a good book in my hands. I never thought I'd get into reading books on the iPad. But then I had an epihany (of sorts)--it'll be great for vacations! I won't have to lug books with me on the plane & make room for them in my suitcase! I think that sold me. Not that I won't ever buy real books again but I definately like not having to deal with piles of books I'm running out of room to store. I don't just buy (download) the books right away either. First I'll download a sample to see if I like the book. It'll give you a nice chunk to read & get hooked on. I like this a lot. If I read the beginning & decided it's not doing anything for me, I delete it. No harm done. If I decided I can't wait to turn the page then I download it. Fast & simple. So far I've only deleted 1 book that I couldn't get into. This book started out as a sample. I don't remember where I heard about it, but the preview sounded good so I tried it out. I liked it enough that I downloaded it. It was a little confusing since it jumped between 3 different time periods but it pulled me in & I couldn't wait to finish it. The ending was a little bittersweet for me, but it was a good read.

No comments: