Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let's re-visit Easter....

As always I have a habit of making LO's for Disney or Holidays twice, one for each girls album. Yeah, crazy I know but I like to think of it as using more of my stash....so it makes room for MORE!! LOL!!

I've had this LO sitting half started on my desk for over a week, but I wasn't feeling it, so I kept away from it. Yesterday since it was NSD I attempted to get it done. I re-did the title, added some embellies & liked the direction it was going.

So this LO is for Gianna's album. I stuck to the same design as this one but used the MM Flutter line instead....and my Slice! I didn't realize it until I was done that I sorta did the butterflies like Heather did on her wall--so cool! I want to try that!!

For the title I used the Flutter journaling notebook page since I wanted to add the "umbrellas" to the page as a nod to the parasols the girls were carrying. And I layered two strands of ribbons together for pop.Cut the journal spot with my slice then stamped the lines on it & outlined it with a thin marker.Used pop dots under the butterfly wings for dimension...Gianna got a kick out of that! ;) Makes me happy when the girls like their LO's! Makes it all worth it to me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this layout. They butterflies are the perfect ending to this masterpiece.

Carla said...

wow, love this! The butterflies are gorgeous here!

Valerie said...

Love the layout Sara - isn't it great when the kids you are making them for love them? I really like how you tied in the the umbrellas. So pretty!
Glad you got a chuckle from my hubbys NSD comments - I better not tell him, he'll think he's funny!

Suzanne said...

This layout is so pretty! I am loving your butterflies!