Friday, April 16, 2010

What's the Password??

My girls are really into playing games online like....

Webkinz
Poptropica
Barbie
Disney Fairies
Club Penguin

You know what they need?

Passwords.

And they expect ME to keep track of them all! I'm sure all Mom's feel the same way.

So a few days before leaving for Disney I was browsing 2Peas & noticed the March Mini-Album class was up. It caught my eye right away since I'm a sucker for mini-albums but then I saw the link for THIS album & grabbed some supplies right away.

I had an address book I had bought awhile back at the dollar store, thinking it could eventually be a mini album of sorts. Then I cut some OLD SEI papers I had into roughly 5 x 5 1/2 size (used the address book pages as a guide). Using my ruler I drew some lines for all the sites & passwords---kept this VERY simple knowing it will be handled by the girls.


For the cover I used Nichol's method of making it pretty. I spelled out my title with chipboard letters & painted it pink to match the papers. After it dried I coated it with some pink glitter glaze then sealed it with Mod Podge.

To finish it off I tied some ribbon to the spine & added some charms I bought awhile ago.

Except for the drying time this came together very fast. A quick project done while the girls were doing their homework.

7 comments:

Sunshine and Shadows said...

What a great idea. Very cute!

Suzanne said...

Fabulous idea!!! I love the cover! You are so clever(:

Blessed Ladybug said...

very nicely done thanks for sharing...

Valerie said...

What a great idea - I lost the Webkinz userame & password and I have not yet been forgiven!
I love the pink on pink cover!!

laura vegas said...

seriously, seriously, seriously ... this is such a fantastic idea! i seriously love it :)
my girls have so many passwords and usernames ... there's no way to remember them all. heck, i can't even remember my own half the time. lol!

Carla said...

Love this Sara!!! Absolutely adorable!!! I use a small pocket address book for my passwords, but yours is cuter, lol!!! I love the key on the front, great idea!

Suzanne said...

Left you some sunshine on my blog! I hope you have a wonderful day!