Friday, June 13, 2014

School's OUT! 2014

Today marks the last day of school for the girls.  Summer is officially here!  Technically at least.  It was rainy and chilly today, didn't feel like Summer.

Life's been pretty hectic around here, and usually by this time of year, I'm burnt out.  Which would explain why I did not take "last day of the school year pictures" of my girls.  Yep, I'm a slacker.

I did take a picture of Gianna at school during her "NJ Day", where the kids read books they wrote about a town in NJ.  Gianna wrote about Wildwood, NJ.  She wrote an embellished story about our trip there a few year ago.  The kids brought in beach chairs or towels and we hung out with them.


The day was over quick, thanks to a half day.  We have a lot to do in the next few days that aren't all fun but it's in preparation for fun times ahead.

At one point today it hit me, I now have an 8th and 5th grader.  In the Fall, they will start their last year in their current school before moving onto new schools.  I know everyone says it but time moves so quick!

Now I'm ready for some warm sunny days!

No comments: