Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Around here, Thanksgiving is pretty casual.  We eat, we talk, we complain about how much we ate.  Pretty standard, I think.

We all get together at my house and the amount of people ranges from year to year, but it's mostly my sisters and their families and my Father-In-Law and his lady friend (who's as good as my mother-in-law, since Joe's mom passed away years ago and I never got to meet her).  I do most of the cooking but I refuse to get up at the crack of dawn to start the turkey.  I use those oven bags that cuts the cooking time in half, PLUS we eat around 3. It used to be earlier, but this seems to work better.

It may not look it in this picture but the turkey was so good! We don't make a fancy presentation of it and just carve it in the kitchen.


My stove was full of pots! I think I used every burner and then some! 


The table groaned from all the food. We snapped this and then remembered the mashed and sweet potoatos in the warming drawer! Can't forget those! 


A little bit of everything. And it was gooooood!! 

Made sure to leave room for dessert. I kept it small but I enjoyed every bite of my apple pie. I didn't even have any ice cream with it! 


My sister Chet, who was with her boyfriends family this year, made sure not to disappoint the kids and sent her annual cornucopia. This year it was full of chocolate covered pretzels and Oreos. I may or may not have inhaled the chocolate smell to compensate not having any. 


The kids were so hopped up on sugar and they found some old dress up clothes and had fun.  Good thing it made it through the last purge! 



So once again, I didn't get any good pictures of our Thanksgiving, but I guess that's part of the tradition!

No comments: