Friday, November 1, 2013

Project Life Card Organization

My love of organizing has no end.  I'm always moving things around until I just can't improve it anymore and it works.  

Scrapbooking shares my love of organizing.  When I'm "stuck" and have no mojo, I organize things.  Playing with paper or any supplies really, gets my creative juices moving.  

A short while back, I saw THIS video on Pinterest and was intrigued to watch it right away.  This lady organized her Project Life cards in ROYGBIV order instead of  by "kits".  As someone who had them organized by kits, this blew my mind!  It made perfect sense to me!  I did hesitate to break up my kits, but the more I kept thinking about it, I usually choose the cards I'm working with based by COLOR instead of manufacture.  It would make working on Project Life SO much easier.

This is a picture of what my set up looked like.  My 4x6 cards are in one area, my 3x4 cards are in another, and then I have labels and stamps in another compartment.




This is a close up of what I was using for m 4x6 cards. It's a refrigerator/pantry organizer that holds all my cards and I made a simple place holder out of white paper that's 3x4 1/2 and just wrote the name of the company from where the cards are from.


This organizer is from Target, in the closet organizer area.  It held my 3x4 cards pretty well.  With a little space left over for some labels and cutouts.


This is the organizer empty.


Then on Instagram, I saw Jenny (sorry can't find a link to her blog) find the ideal storage at Staples.  I just cut down some chipboard that comes in my scrapbook orders (that I hoard), and used it as dividers.  



My 4x6 cards before I changed up the container again.  This container worked for the most part, but the open end kinda bothered me.


Then I found this container at either Marshall's, TJ Maxx, or Home Goods and switched them out.  It even has more room, which is great since I plan on cutting up some 6x6 paper pads and adding to it.  There's even room for some odds and ends in the back.



This is making me all kinds of happy and got my creative juices flowing to work on Project Life again.  Still in August with our Disney trip, but I'm getting there!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thank you for sharing. I have been thinking of ideas on how to organize my PL cards and this is a great idea.