Thursday, March 28, 2013

Let's Race!

Before I made the pin cushion, I used the sewing machine on what I originally intended it for: stitching on layouts!  This layout is the first I stitched on, and it came together very quick.

While at work, Joe has a large wall covered in 8x10 pictures of the girls. One of them happens to be the bottom picture.  Marissa must have been almost two and I believe it was our last day at Disney (big shocker right?)  We were hanging out in the cafe at the hotel for our ride to the airport and Marissa suckered Joe to play some games.  Great memories.  I was inspired to look these pictures up on my external hard drive and scrap them. 

I came across some older Echo Park Paper Little Boy collection.  The colors worked perfectly and using mostly the "B" side of the papers I pulled this together.  Why I bought a "Boy" themed paper collection, I don't quite remember, but I love when papers have great colors and can be used in different ways than intended. 





Like I said, this was the first layout I stitched on, and there are a few mistakes but I'm happy with it. 

Another thing I'm happy about? Scrapping OLD pictures!  I need to pull more old pictures and scrap them.  I would love to have more older pictures of the girls scrapped.  I guess it's a goal of mine....un-officially of course!  Don't hold me to it!

No comments: