Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Picking 2009

Today we finally got the chance to go pick our pumpkins. We've either had other commitments or the weather was too crappy to go. I was starting to think we'd be pumpkin-less this year!

We like to go to the same farm we've been going to since Marissa was a baby. Not sure why exactly, I'm sure we all have our reasons but we all agreed we wanted to go to this farm.

Marissa chose a good size pumpkin. Not too big but not too small. I was tring to steer them to smaller pumpkins since the season is almost over & we don't make pumpkin pie--despite Gianna telling me I had to (NONE of us eat it!!) I could not get a decent pic of Marissa looking at the camera. **sigh** Gianna wanted a pumpkin she could carry this year. It's just her size.Love this shot, Marissa had no idea Gianna was in the shot with her! LOL!Finally she managed to look into the lens!
This little stinker wanted a pic with the yellow flowers but this was all I got. Go figure! I think it's still cute though. It's so her. Checking to see "How tall this Fall" they were. Marissa came in just over 4 ft, but rounded up saying she's almost 5', had to break the news to her that she's NOT. I told her she's much closer to 4 1/2 ft. & not to rush her life away by growing so fast!!

We had a beautiful day considering the day before it just rained all day. It was so good to get outside....now to get these pics scrapped!!

2 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

looks like you had much better weather than we did. it was cool and gloomy here yesterday. great pics!

Carrie said...

What a beautiful day, all of those pumpkins! Looks like a lot of fun!