Saturday, January 12, 2013

Packing It Up

It's that time of year that we say goodbye to Christmas. I would have liked to have had this done by now but got a late start.

I never know where to start. The task seems so overwhelming. I start by filling the storage containers that are downstairs in the basement, by picking the one on top. Finishing that box then moving to the next. I leave the tree for last since it takes the longest. All those delicate ornaments go back in their boxes carefully wrapped.

These are almost all the boxes of decorations.  We have several more that I didn't use this year so obviously there's no need to pack them & they stay in the crawl space.



The easiest boxes to start with are the plush.  It's a little but definite difference.



I like using a tray to carry things downstairs making things easier for me.



On a warmer day I'll take down the outside decorations.  I've got this down to a science & it comes down in about 20 mins.


So far I've filled this tray twice with ornaments and the tree still has lots! Though I'm finally seeing progress.


Still lots to go, but I'll bang it up by tomorrow.  The tree is 9ft and holds a lot!
 


And yes, I'm blogging about it because I'm a procrastinator. I've got family coming over for dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday and need to clean. So I do what other normal people do...BLOG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is it always more fun to put it up than take it down? Taking it down always takes so much longer too! Looks like you've got a good start!