Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My First Rambling Post of the Year

I am starting 2013 with great intentions.  I refuse to use the word "resolution", since I haven't been the best at keeping them. 

I am not jumping on the "exercise bandwagon", since I have been working out in some way throughout the year....just not consistently enough.  I'll do good for a few weeks, a couple months then WHAM! Life gets in the way and my routine becomes a memory.  The little progress I've made vanishes.  I would like to see more consistency and progress.  I refuse to get discouraged when I don't have time to workout since that's always been a problem for me in the past.  I would like to workout an hour a day but some days (like today) I only have time for a 1/2 hour session.  That's OK, just got to make it count.


I am also going to eat more salads on the days when I've havent' been good during the day.  Like today.  I stopped at Dunkin Donuts after going food shopping and had a Bacon, Egg & Cheese Croissant, with hash browns.  **GUILTY**  But I also didn't eat again until 3:30.  Then had a salad at dinner.

Like I said I'm not perfect.


********************

On a completely different note, I've decided to do Project Life again this year.  There will be a few changes to my approach but nothing that crazy.  

My weeks will go Monday to Sunday, instead of Sunday to Saturday.  I found that I had a hard time breaking up the weekend.  I'm just OCD with that. ;)



Another change is using papers from my stash to make my own kit (along with some 3x4 & 4x6 grid journaling cards from Becky Higgins). I haven't got it put together yet, but I've got a few ideas.  This mostly happened when I was going through some papers that needed to be purged but I still liked them enough in small bits.
 

I often wasn't thrilled with the original "Cherry" edition that I have been working with and often looked to my stash for something more inspiring.  So why not??  I always feel guilty when I don't use my supplies so this kills two birds with one stone.

**********************

Last but not least, I would like to be a better blogger again.  I had a slow start to it this year but lately I find my self enjoying it again.  I'm not as dedicated to it as I was a few years ago or the one year that I had 300+ posts, but I know I can do better than the last two years.  I'm not promising a daily post nor will it always be something crafty.  I also want to remember the daily happenings that I see when I randomly read my older posts.  Everybody does that right?  Not just me?? 

With that I am off to squeeze in my half hour on the exercise bike. I need to feel the burn! (trying to pump myself up. bleh!)

2 comments:

Deneen said...

Love this post. I too want to be a better blogger. I decided to blog my december daily and only did two days LOL. I didn't post the rest of the month and haven't posted this year yet. I have the day off work tomorrow so I will try and post something then :) I bought the original project life kit which is now called the cherry edition and never used it that year so I am determined to use it this year but the colors really don't wow me so might have to use my stash up too as that would definately make me feel better! I think I need to sell off some of my stash though because I think I have way to much and it is overwhelming me so much ugh!

Anonymous said...

You motivate me when I read your blog posts. Whether it's the exercise, the blogging or Project Life. This is my goal too to be a better blogger, exercise more and stay on top of PL.