Sunday, October 21, 2012

You & Me

Here's the next LO I made using Studio Calico's "Daydream Believer" kit.  I really think there will be little left in this kit, and hope to get another LO out of it.  I love yellow & grey together and this just came together based on those colors.  Yes I know I *just* made a LO with this pic on it but I had accidentally printed it twice so I decided to go with it since I was inspired....plus the yellow sweater I'm wearing in it sealed the deal for me. ;)

                                                    

As quick as I started this LO, I had a bit of scrappers block with the title.  I had I kept moving it around, it needed something, until I came across the doily I had leftover from a different project.  I embossed it & used it as an anchor piece to my title that I also created with my Cameo (made it with 6 layers, then glued it together--my favorite part of the LO). 


I don't remember when exactly I bought my first Mister Huey, but I thought I'd give it a try (I had resisted for SO LONG).  I love the look but never thought I could pull it off.  Somehow or another, I started buying them and have an assortment of colors.  They came in handy with the mistable banners that came in the kit.  That's something I had never thought I'd use & was going to set it aside to give away.  While laying everything out for my LO, I realized I could use these & misted them with three different sprays. 

I thought I had a good system to take pics of my LO's but I haven't quite perfected it yet.  The yellows look so much happier IRL, maybe even a little *too* bright, but I'm ok with that.  I don't think Joe's seen this LO yet, but I hope he likes it despite the brightness. ;) 

3 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Great title work, love how your solved your scrapper's block! Just got my Cameo, so I'll be searching for that title in the store.

Anonymous said...

Love this layout! The colors are wonderful!

Katherine said...

I love a bit of yellow and that title is gorgeous...and all the layers - a beautiful page :)