Saturday, October 20, 2012

So In Love

The other day I realized that I haven't touched ANY of the Studio Calico kits I've bought.  This bothered me, A LOT.  I am not a subscriber to the kit, I've come **this** close to subscribing but I held back.  To be honest, one of the main reasons I've bought some of the kits are for the stamps.  There I said it.  I've always looked at the kits and said to myself that I could easily buy the pieces that I love separately, until the stamps got me.  I've noticed that in most kits there's always a few pieces that I don't really love.  It's just not me.  I also realized that the stamps are sometimes just "eh".  There's a few stamps that I just don't feel inspired to use.  So I recently said No More Kits.  Not to say no more "forever", just until I use what I have.

Still with me??

So I dug into my oldest kit, "Daydream Believer".  This kit had me at Hello.  The colors are "me" and I knew I could make this work.  I dug around online for a little inspiration just for good measure, and then spread out the kit.  The yellow polka dots inspired me.  I wanted to do a LO about the girls and how they're my sunshine, etc.  My problem was I couldn't find a pic of them that went with the paper. Then I realized I could change things all together and printed off a few shots of Joe and I. 


Before I knew it, I had a LO.  This came together super quick!  I kept it very simple and love how it came out!  I also started another LO with this kit right away.  I believe there won't be a lot leftover from this kit, and that makes me a happy scrapper!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love that background, great layout. Nice photos too. I'm a new follower.

Anonymous said...

I love this background paper! I love the J & S that you added at the top! Such a great layout!