Friday, July 13, 2012

Mother/Daughter Scrap Time

Today after running errands, the girls & I somehow found ourselves hanging out in my scraproom.  Marissa has been playing around with some ideas of a LO.  She wanted to scrap with me & I was not going to refuse her.

She found a sketch she wanted to follow from one of my books (Designing with Recipes) & pulled out papers she wanted to play with. 

She asked some questions here & there. 
Moved things around.
And HAD FUN!

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think she may have been bitten by the scrapping bug.  I would be more than happy to share it with her.  I don't "make" my girls scrap, but I might suggest it when they tell me how "bored" they are.  When the time comes I'm ready.  Marissa already thinks that is "her" seat.  She often sits there & questions me on the various bottles, jars & goodies that are on the shelf next to her. (Yes that's a peek into my room.  Post to come soon!!)


Here is her finished LO.  I helped her with a few things, like the Silhouette cuts.  My favorite part is that she journaled it by hand.  I told her one day she will love seeing her handwriting.

She already has ideas for another LO.  I told her, if she keeps at it I will give her her own album to keep her LO's in (instead of adding them to the albums I have for her).  I think she's got true potential!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a great scrapbooker!