Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bring on 2010!!

It's been a great year. I feel like I've been on a whirlwind of sorts & can't get a handle on keeping my head from spinning off.

I'm happy to report that I've kept up with my Project 365 (in pics anyway, still behind on the journaling cards, but working on it!). Yeah I know I haven't shared the pics in awhile but it seemed too stressful to keep up with on the blog since there would be days & days where I didn't take pics & needed to catch up so I let it go. Just know that the album is full & I'm happy I did it. Yes in case you're wondering I did order Becky's new kit Project Life, just not doing it in the new year. Strange I know!

One of the best parts for me was not hosting Easter & being away for it. I usually host Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas Eve so it was nice to take one off.
Marissa received her 1st Holy Communion. Seeing her dressed in her gown made me realize how fast time flies.


Joe & I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary. Hard to believe 10 years went that fast! Gianna graduated pre-school which was great. It'll be so nice to have the girls in one school.
We've gone on some great trips too. We visited Hershey Park which was cool. I mean c'mon you're surrounded by chocolate!! Then we went on a fantastic trip to Disney (yes again). Joe booked a really great trip & I like to consider it our Anniversary trip. Since school started in Sept., my days are broken up where I'm racing to school dropping off or picking up a kid every 2 1/2-3 hours. Kindergarten is just 2 1/2 hours so I don't get as much done as I'd like. Patiently waiting for 1st grade & full days.....
I'm also helping Joe out at work so that's been interesting. I go there (with Gianna) after we drop Marissa off at school, then we come home, feed G lunch & take her to school. That's when I do stuff around the house. It would be much nicer if Joe's shop was closer to home instead of 20 mins away (which he's working on moving closer to home). Don't get me wrong I'm complaining but I'm NOT. I really LOVE the extra time with Joe, but his office isn't big enough for both of us plus Gianna.

I think the end of the year has been the most hectic it's ever been. Which is why this happened to me. There was a lot to do that involved being at the school with the girls....

Building Gingerbread houses with Marissa's 3rd grade class.
Baking Gingerbread cookies with Gianna's Kindergarten class....
As well as being at both their class parties closer to Christmas. Are you tired? I was that day!! I played games with 24 3rd graders then ran to the opposite end of school to bring the Kindergarteners their treats (brownies) & play games with them. But the girls were both thrilled that I was there so it was worth it.

This year was the 1st time that I started Christmas shopping so late (Nov.) but once I started I really power shopped. The late start really threw me off but amazingly it all went off without too much craziness & I actually was in bed on Christmas Eve by 12:00 which is amazing for me!

So with that all said (and some not said) I'm ready for what 2010 brings.
Wishing everyone a safe & healthy
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great New Year, Sara! So glad you had a great 2009 and here's hoping 2010 is just as great!

Carla said...

Great pics Sara! Its been quite a year!

Deneen said...

Great job on keeping up with project 365 I started off good then just fell behind and never really caught up. I also ordered Becky's new kit LOL. Love your photo's and sounds like lots of fun adventures.