Sunday, December 20, 2009

Annual Gingerbread House

I don't remember the first year we made a gingerbread house but ever since our first one it's been a tradition. The first few years it was just the girls & I & we would pick a night to do it when Joe would be at his company Christmas party.

Somehow, Joe got the bug to do it with us the last few years. Something to do with the roof....he makes sure the shingles are "code". One year he did one side of the roof while I did the other & he kept mocking mine. It gets competitive.

This year I let him have the roof to himself. But now the girls were getting competitive!! Marissa & Joe were doing the back of the house while Gianna & I were doing the front. I tried keeping things even between them before it got ugly.

Here are the girls with the finished house. They were so proud of themselves.

Gianna's "front" of the house Marissa at the "back" of the house....
I'm thinking of turning this into an album somehow, got some ideas kicking around. Haven't had time (or space on my desk) to scrap lately. Not happy about lack of creative time {aka "me time"}, but I know next week with the girls home from school I can finally relax & scrap!!

1 comment:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

oh fun! the kids didn't ask for one, so i didn't buy one. am i horrible or what? i kindof miss not making one, because we've done one the last 2 or 3 years...but i'm okay with it, i guess.