Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Today may be my birthday but I've been celebrating since Friday!

I started off Friday treating myself to a mani/pedi, then came home to find some happy mail waiting for me that I ordered.

Since I'm getting old, I couldn't remember what I ordered so I told Joe he could wrap it up & give it to me on my actual birthday. Of course, now I **really** want to open it!!


I stayed up late Friday night & everyone let me sleep late Saturday....except for the florist delivering my birthday flowers first thing in the morning... I love lilies, they make the house smell so good!



Saturday night we went out for dinner to Outback. One of my favorite places to eat. But I made sure to leave room for dessert!




Afterwards we went to my sister's house to have cake. She made me this yummy cake that tasted like a cross between Magic Layer Bars & a Almond Joy. It was so good!



She also made me a Tropical Coffee Cake that was delish!!





My sister's took care of me. I got a sewing machine, a kit full of threads to go with it, & a few other assorted sewing goodies. They've heard me talk about wanting a sewing machine for awhile & now that my studio is in the works I'll have somewhere to put it. I also got some soothing potpourri from my friend Carolee, that I plan on using in my scrap studio.

Joe's been trying to get me to open my gifts since yesterday but I stubbornly refused to since I wouldn't have anything to look forward to on my actual birthday. I know, I know, I'm nuts.

Today has been a good day. After dropping the girls off at school, I took a trip to Target & found a cute owl to add to my collection. Then I treated myself to a coffee & a donut. I really shouldn't have but I'll be hitting the treadmill hard tomorrow!



This afternoon Joe & I met with a kitchen designer to talk about cabinets for my studio. The ball is rolling! I'm now excited even more about my studio!

That's all for now, I'm planning on spending some time catching up on my Project Life album!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some yummy cakes! I hope you had a great birthday!