Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Big Four O!

Today is the first day of my forties.

Forty.

FORTY.

40.

Man that just doesn't feel right.  I don't feel forty.  It might sound crazy but high school wasn't that long ago.  Right??  Oh well.  I know it's just a number.  It doesn't mean anything, really.  It just seems weird.

Joe had his MRI today for his hearing.  While I had fully intended on going with him, he refused to have me there.  Following he had another Dr appt. for his last cortisone shots.  (He was told the MRI was all clear!! Happy Birthday to ME!)

So I made a point to stay busy, but try to enjoy the day at the same time.  Not the easiest, but I tried.

Joe, of course, sent me a beautiful arrangement of flowers.


For dinner we went to Outback....Marissa had CCD so we celebrated quickly.  Being that it was also Ash Wednesday, we didn't start off on the right foot, but it was my 40th birthday so I hope it's ok.


I told Joe I did not want a cake, so he brought me pastries instead.  He knows how to break my willpower...not that I have much to begin with!


Of course, no celebration would be complete without pictures with my loves.


Marissa didn't want her picture taken with her ashes but I made her.


Me with my love.


The day ended wonderfully.  Joe even got me a typewriter that I've been rambling about!  He went overboard as always and got me something much fancier than I would have chosen but it's great!  Good news from the doctor and now this.  I'd say my forties started off great!

No comments: