Friday, September 20, 2013

Sausage Peppers and Shells Pasta

I am one of those people that take pictures of their food before taking a bite.  

There, I admit it.  

I am also pretty addicted to Instagram.  

Think I admitted that one before...maybe once or twice.

The other week, I posted a few dinners and was requested to blog the recipes.  I thought, "WHY NOT?"  It will give me something to post! LOL!!


So if, you're looking for something to make, here you go!

Sausage, Peppers & Shells

1 1/2 lbs Pasta Shells                    2 lg Onions 
1 1/2-2 lbs Italian Sausage            1 1/2 cup White Wine 
6 Bell Peppers                              6 1/2 tsp Chopped Garlic
Olive Oil                                       1/4 cup Parsley (dried)

Cut sausage into bite size pieces. Cook in a large frying pan, using no oil, stir occasionally.

Cut peppers and onions into long slices. Cook together in a separate frying pan (with a lid) with just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.  Let simmer, toss occasionally.

Boil water for pasta.

After the sausage has cooked awhile, drain the grease, then add the wine.  Let simmer.

Cook peppers til tender, then add garlic, simmer.

After sausage has soaked up most of the wine, add to peppers.  Mix well then add the parsley.

Drain pasta and put into serving dish (THIS MAKES A LOT, USE A LARGE DISH).  Top with sausage and peppers, stir together and serve.

This is even great the next day....think I'll have to make it again soon!  ENJOY!

No comments: